Re: no home-directory on diskless workstations

Hi,

sorry for all mails.. I checked out mount on tjener, for home it looks like this;
10.0.2.10:/home_edu on /skole/tjener/home0 type nfs (rw,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr,addr=10.0.2.10)

If I go in to the chroot and do mount I see this;
/dev/mapper/vg_system-root on /srv/nfs4/home0 type ext3 (rw,relatime,errors=remount-ro,data="">
and this;
10.0.2.10:/home_edu on /skole/tjener/home0 type nfs (rw,relatime,vers=3,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,namlen=255,hard,proto=tcp,timeo=14,retrans=2,sec=sys,mountaddr=10.0.2.10,mountvers=3,mountport=33191,mountproto=udp,addr=10.0.2.10)

The first entry in chroot referring to /srv/nfs4/home0 I dont understand. The dir /srv inside the chroot is empty.. Nothing there.
Outside the chroot, on tjener, it contains subdirs like this: /srv/nfs4/home0 but home0 is empty...

When logging in to a thin client and after that issuing "mount" on tjener (outside chroot) this entry appears;
gvfs-fuse-daemon on /skole/tjener/home0/george/.gvfs type fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon (rw,nosuid,nodev,user=george)

Inside chroot I see this;
gvfs-fuse-daemon on /skole/tjener/home0/stutes/.gvfs type fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1003,group_id=1003)

But when logging in to a diskless workstation no such thing appears. That I guess is ok?

Unfortunatley I cant try to make a manual mount from the diskless workstation because I cant gain root access. I can ping the nfs-server though. (10.0.2.10)

I hope my description is clear enough. This problem is starting to wear on my nerves.. Hoping someone can help.
Noone using san or nas for homedirs on debian-edu? If so, how have you set it up?

Sincerely   /George