Re: no home-directory on diskless workstations

Hi,

Sorry if I hijack your thread. If so, let me know, I will start a new.

I have a  similar problem. In diskless workstations I dont get home dir...

If I log in to a shell on the diskless workstation and do
cat /etc/mtab
I see an entry showing that tjener.intern:/home0 is mounted at /skole/tjener/home0
but that dir is empty.. Nothing seems to be mounted.

The workstation is added to workstation-hosts  nis-group in Gosa2

I guess my problem is that I removed the lvm-group skole+tjener+home0 and mounted the /skole/tjener/home0 to a nfs share like this:
10.0.2.10:/home_edu /skole/tjener/home0 nfs rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr          0       0
That works very nicely with thinclients.. Maybe it causes a problem with how skolelinux exports the homedir to discless workstations?

Even I would like to know more about how discless workstation mounts there homedir..

I guess there has to be other people putting the homedir outside the server installation? If so, does it work for you? (So I can exlcude that from the list of probable causes..)

Sorry, I cant help you Georg.

Regards  /G