Re: no home-directory on diskless workstations

[Georg Damm]
> Hi,
>
> i installed a tjener+thinclientserver+workstation profile on a machine, changed
> the ip adress range to 10.0.0.0/16 and followed the network clients howto:
>
> "If clients on the 192.168.x.x interface of a thin client server should boot
> as diskless workstations instead of thin clients, edit
> /var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386/pxelinux.cfg/default
> and add a '3' (no quotes) to the end of the line. There is no need to add
> these workstations in GOsa², saving you some work."
>
> Everything works well (dhcp, tftp, DNS, user auth). Unfortunately the home
> directories /skole/tjener/home0/... are not mounted. How can I fix/debug this?

The howto is no longer up-to-date.  To get access to mount the home
directory, the clients should be added to GOsa² and the
workstation-hosts netgroup.  What is the URL to this howto?  We should
fix it.

See for example
for an idea how to add machines efficiently if you have many machines.

--
Happy hacking