Re: DRAFT: slbackup debdiff for s-p-u

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 08:18:32PM +0200, Mike Gabriel wrote:

> I have uploaded a proposal of slbackup for squeeze-updates to
> mentors.debian.net:
> http://mentors.debian.net/package/slbackup
>
> Of course, as with any proposal for squeeze-updates the patch
> between 0.0.12-2+squeeze1 and 0.0.12-2+squeeze2 has been kept as
> minimal as possible.
>
> The approach is: drop /etc/cron.daily/slbackup fully and re-enable
> the debconf code that allows to configure the backup system via
> dpkg-reconfigure. This configuration run will place a cron job file
> ,,slbackup'' into /etc/cron.d. This should match the way
> slbackup-php looks for the file.
>
> Hope that solves the reported issue (BTS #662914).
>
> @all who reported to this BTS issue: could you please download the
> source package from http://mentors.debian.net/package/slbackup and
> test with your setup? Thanks.

IMO it will be o.k. for new installations cause the preseeding
information is still shipped by the d-e-c package with Squeeze as it was
with Lenny.

Updating the package and configuring slbackup using dpkg-reconfigure
works. But you end up with two cron jobs for the backup. Maybe postinst
should check if /etc/cron.daily/slbackup exists and remove the file? And
the execution of dpkg-reconfigure should be triggered in this case - if
that is possible.

Wolfgang