Re: update lenny --> squeeze

Hi Martin,

On So 08 Apr 2012 20:51:16 CEST Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

[Martin Schulte]
copy the user and host information into LDAP means doing it manually
(export user into csv and import them?).

That is what I had in mind, yes.  The user LDAP objects are very
different in Squeeze compared to Lenny.  Might be better to follow the
instructions on
for hosts.

Or can I use the Lenny LDAP-db on squeeze and the mentioned script?

No idea, but I doubt it.

It is possible to manually upgrade your LDAP database from lenny to squeeze. However, this needs a very very very deep insight into the interna of LDAP, GOsa² and LWAT as configured with Debian Edu. I have also done such a migration from an Arktur server to Debian Edu squeeze. The software I use for such upgrades is: ldapvi (and sed, grep, etc.).

Greets,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B

freeBusy: