Re: Git is fun, Git is pretty, Git is useful, so why not using it?

Hi Jörg,

On Montag, 2. April 2012, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> Erm, right now backports is still an own host with an own dak install.
> Yes we run that, yes it has the most recent dak install, no it is not on
> ftp-master.debian.org directly. Yet. Plans to change that are there,
> work on code started or will soon, not there yet.

Ah, ok.

Would you be willing to run our archive too?

> How about working together with the debian-cd team to have that support
> debian-edu directly and not just hack around it?

Thats exactly (one of) the idea(s) why we want to move to cdimage.d.o :)

> > Also sound great to me.  Would we be able to give non-DDs access?
> Not if it ends up in the main archive, no. Its called DM, thats what you
> can have. But not random "unknown" people.

The same DM keyring or another?

And no, those packages should not directly go into the main archive, only by
re-uploads from people who can upload to the main archive. The same way we're
handling this already.

cheers,
	Holger