Re: default setup for backup is missing

On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 02:13:38PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Klaus Ade Johnstad]
> > Having slbackup in cron.daily will cause the backup to start at
> > about 06:25 in the morning, which, on a busy fileserver, will
> > probably not be finished in time for when then the masses of users
> > starts logging in at around 07:30, causing the fileserver to crawl,
> > isn't that correct?
>
> Could be.  I have not seen that problem on any server yet, so I do not
> know how likely it is to happen in real life.  Did you see it?  How
> much data was being backed up in that case?
>
> > Didn't slbackup use to run from /etc/cron.d/slbackup at 01:00?
>
> No idea.

Yes, from Lenny to Squid the cron job was moved by some reason (?) from
/etc/cron.d/slbackup (running by default at 01:00 and the time being
configurable via the web interface) to a different script (not
configurable any more) in /etc/cron.daily. So now the admin who's trying
to change the server schedule via the web interface will run into
problems.

Wolfgang