Re: [Debian Wiki] Update of "DebianEdu/Documentation/Squeeze/HowTo/Samba" by WolfgangSchweer

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> > Comment:
> > sudo not working for first user
>
> sudo works for my first user.  Are you sure it isn't working now?  There
> was a short while just after I managed to get the first user created in
> LDAP where I had forgotten to fix the sudo access, but it should be
> working now.

For some reason it took a while until sudo was functional. After a fresh
install (main only) I tried to do an apt-get update via sudo but I got
that sarcastic message you get when doing sudo on a machine that isn't
configured for your account. Minutes (?) later I tried again and
it worked. As I was editing the manual in parallel I restored my prior
version when I realized that sudo worked.

Wolfgang