Re: Too many admin users in Debian Edu/Squeeze?

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> I believe it is better to drop the localadmin account completely, ask
> the admin during installation of the main-server for his name, username
> and password, create a LDAP/Kerberos user using this information.  This
> way the local admin will get his normal account right away, and at least
> one non-personal account go away.  I am quite close to having this
> working.

This is now working in squeeze-test, and the localadmin user is not
created any more.  Give it a go.  The first user even got Kerberos
credentials and in time we can use it to log into Cups, GOsa,
slbackup-php, Nagios and any other web based service we provide. :)

The initial user is a member of the teachers group, making our KDE
menu overrides show up too. :)

Perhaps we should use our menu overrides to provide a 'change
password' menu option?  Would be easier to implement than a icon on
the desktop.
--
Happy hacking