Input on student project proposals

Hi all,

We plan to submit proposals for 2 student projects here in Trondheim (Norway), and I wondering anyone of you have any feedback:

(Translated using Google Translate)

1. Test ultra low cost client in a DebianEdu network

We want to see how well ultra low-cost clients such as Rasperry Pi or similar computers work in a DebianEdu network.

We want first of all to see if they can be run as diskless clients and if not what is needed for them to do so. Diskless clients are clients that retrieve files from the central server, but run all the programs locally.

We would like also to see how well they function as thin clients, these run their applications on a thin client server.

We prefer to use Rasperri Pi (http://www.raspberrypi.org's) Model B, but is they are not available at the project start we will only use similiar ARM-based hardware.

2. Integrate tablet in a DebianEdu network

We want to find out how mature the tablet OS KDE Plasma Active is and consider how well we can integrate it in a DebianEdu network and all services.

The most interesting services are user areas and access to shared resources.

We would also like to see if we can automaticly copy the operating system with user data to the tablet'en by plugging tablet'en on a particular network. This is already supported in a DebianEdu network for laptops.

Thanks,

Have a nice weekend

BR
Arnt Ove