Re: scratch?

2011/10/27 Nigel Barker <tech@hiroshima-is.ac.jp>:
> On 27 October 2011 20:26, Wolfgang Schweer <schweer@cityweb.de> wrote:
>
>> Packages ia32-libs and ia32-libs-gtk have to be installed on amd64 arch.
>> But you'll probably get a somehow crippled program, cause some packages
>> on lenny will be too old to satisfy the dependencies for scratch.
>
> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> Yes, I should have mentioned that I discovered and tried that
> approach, and ended up with things broken, and still no working
> scratch!
>
> I think they use squeak and possibly scratch in extremadura. Perhaps
> they are already on squeeze, though?

We're half on squeeze, but for the terminal servers we're still on
Lenny. But, from the beginning of using them with Lenny we decided to
run Squeak and scratch from a i386 chroot in amd64 because the virtual
machine had many problems in amd64. Some of them have been fixed in
these years, but some others remain. Anyway your problem looks just
like a problem of a bad hardcoded route in the package, so maybe you
can fix it just symlinking.

Regards.
Jos'eL.