Re: Back from Fronter (LMS from NO)?

Hi Ralf,
Fronter has a room booking system in its calendar.
And now that Pearson bought Fronter, they are actually hiring people in R&D, so whispers were not correct ;-)

Niko

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 2:06 PM, RalfGesellensetter <rgx@gmx.de> wrote:
Dear Petter,

thanks for your reply. I hope everything is alright at home...

Am Sonntag, 16. Oktober 2011 schrieb Petter Reinholdtsen:
> On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 17:01:56 +0200, RalfGesellensetter <rgx@gmx.de> wrote:
> > Dear list,
> >
> > non-free LMS "fronter" is (or rather: was) developped in Norway,
> > if I got it right, now discontinued.
>
> I see no sign on <URL: http://www.fronter.no/ > indicating that Fronter
> is discontinued.  I have not heard anything about it elsewhere either.
> As far as I know, it is still developed.  What is your source?

Okay, I might have misunderstood this (German) blog entry:
http://dialoge.info/b2/index.php/die-entwicklung-der-lernplattform-fronter

It refers to a statement from Vienna University:
http://intern.newsletter.univie.ac.at/interner-newsletter-neu/mai-2011/

There, only the development of their fronter platform is said to be
discontinued. So, excuse me if I took Chinese Whispers for real.

> > Our municipality was "clever enough" to buy a super-license that
> > includes free usage for our school. They are supposed to install MBRS
> > for room booking along with fronter. I wonder if this is feasible at
> > all - apart from consumer lock-in effects...
>
> What do you want to share between them?  User database?  If not, how
> could the existence of a Fronter installation affect MBRS?

Well, we need a room booking system, and our supporter claims they
can do this wihtin fronter. I doubt that fronter is written in PHP...

Kind regards,
Ralf
just having dived deeper into LaTeX Beamer (as for "happy hacking")