Re: Samba: Domain "Skolelinux" not available if IP beyond 10.0.2.239

Dear list,

Am Sonntag, 2. Oktober 2011 schrieb RalfGesellensetter:

> minor update: Ther error is not reproducable, any more,
> but was most likely a DOS issue.

I have to apologize for this false alarm. Rather than DOS,
unseemingly disconnected LAN plugs are the most likely
reason for all my alertion...

> Maybe you have a quick hint for the underlying issue:
> The bravely moved Etch system in modern Terra hardware
> uses a foreign (more recent) kernel (~2.6.28). lsmod
> shows an e1000 module for its NICs, but alas,
> mii-tool reports a limit of 100 Mbit.

Sorry, here, too: mii-tool reported non-sense (too old?),
ethtool reported correct GBit connection.

Yet another problem I faced today while adding next year
of students: I exceeded the limit of 2000 users. Luckily,
Kurt had told me and could point me to the right conf file
right away on the phone! Thanks, users back, everything
working at the moment, just running out of space due
to ldap logs that I will just gzip...

Kind regards
Ralf.