Re: Samba: Domain "Skolelinux" not available if IP beyond 10.0.2.239

Am Donnerstag, 8. September 2011 schrieb RalfGesellensetter:
> It stroke me that all clients concerned were in an IP range
> of 10.0.2.240 upwards (static190).

Dear list,

minor update: Ther error is not reproducable, any more,
but was most likely a DOS issue.

Maybe you have a quick hint for the underlying issue:
The bravely moved Etch system in modern Terra hardware
uses a foreign (more recent) kernel (~2.6.28). lsmod
shows an e1000 module for its NICs, but alas,
mii-tool reports a limit of 100 Mbit.

I plan an upgrade anyway, but maybe I find a quick hack
to widen this bottleneck.

Cheers
Ralf