Re: browser races

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 02:21:10PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> ...and 7(!) comments to that post, all made within one day,

These were written after I looked there and wrote my mail.

> points to
> the alternative approach of using backported packages for stable, and
> experimental packages for testing/unstable.
>
> Seems very much like light at the end of the tunnel to me.

Well, not really.  I was asking for testing/unstable.  If you
look at

  http://mozilla.debian.net/dists/wheezy/

there is only 3.6 and there is nothing for sid at all.  So having the
latest Firefox backported somehow is nice, hiding it at some other place
than backports.debian.org is questionable but there might be reasons for
this I can not see.  But I wonder in how far this leads to the
assumption that we will soonish see a recent firefox in the development
tree?

I only get:

$ LC_ALL=C apt-cache policy iceweasel
iceweasel: