Re: browser races

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 08:31:23AM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:

> I'd use stable backports (see backports.debian.org) or until ff5 is available
> there you can follow this:
> http://blog.steve.org.uk/so_you_want_to_install_the_most_recent_firefox_.html

Certainly not the right list to ask about this but I really wonder: Am I
the only person who is concerned about lagging three major Firefox
versions behind even in unstable?  We have not seen 3.6, 4.0 and who
knows when we will see 5.0 in experimental.  There are sites (for
instance GMail) who will be based on HTML5 and the FF version in
unstable does not support it.  Am I to impatient or should we bring up
this topic on debian-devel@l.d.o.  The only reason why I did not yet is
that I do not want to step into an ant hill triggering a huge flame war
again ...

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--