Re: cd/dvd status

Hi all,

On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 01:35:19AM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:

> The big result of the meeting:
>
> - Beta1 release - codename "no more nice to have"
> - known problems: windows clients cannot join the samba domain
>
> --endquote ---
>
> afaik the installation also "hangs at the end" and diskless workstations dont
> get their hostname - anything else?
>

> cheers,
> 	Holger, who has not really read mail today, just skimmed irc
>
> 		and who also wants to get beta1 out in the next 12 days!!

After another week of testing, I am happy to report that the latest
DVD/CD seems to work.  There are left some minor errors after reboot
depending on the chosen profile, but the system seems to slowly become
usable.  I tested Tjener, Tjener+Terminalserver, Terminalserver and
Workstation.  Thin-Clients and Diskless machines worked too.

I had to revert some modifications concerning krb5-config, as it was
not possible to login at all on other machines.  I suggest to postpone
these modifications until wheezy.  The same is valid for NFSv4 with
sec=krb5p:krb5i:krb5.

I did not look into samba.

So please test and help fixing the remaining issues,
best regards,

     Andi