Re: GOsa/LDAP/Samba integration -> GoPDC integration in debian-edu-config

Le Monday 06 June 2011 23:11:12 Mike Gabriel, vous avez écrit :
> Hi all,

Hello,

> last night I have looked into Samba+LDAP+GOsa. The realization about
> that part for Debian Edu/Skolelinux is: if we want flawless und fluent
> Windows integration in Debian Edu (yes, we want that!!!) then there is
> still a bunch of work to do.
>
> The current problem is the scripting backend needed for Samba to
> manipulate LDAP entries in a way that they get recognized by GOsa. The
> task (not yet fully tested) can be simplified by dragging in another
> non-Debian GOsa extension:
> http://linux.gonicus.de/linux/portfolio/loesungen/gopdc.html
> https://oss.gonicus.de/labs/gopdc
>
> There was an ITP on gopdc in Debian BTS:
> http://bugs.debian.org/311333

i will advise you against using this as the code is not maintened and non
fonctionnal in lots of case :)

> @Alejandro: I primarily would like to your Alejandros opinion about
> the question: do you recommend this piece of software? Would it make
> sense to revive the above ITP, prepare gopdc for Debian wheeze,
> include gopdc in debian-edu-config for now, etc.
>
> @Holger: do you agree on dragging in another binary package into
> source package debian-edu-config?
>
> One other approach would be do write a similar script set or put some
> (modified and GOsa adapted) forks of smbldap-tools into
> debian-edu-config or write the helper scripts from scratch. None of
> that seem really promising...
>
> Any comments, any other ideas?

i'am not alejandro or holger :)

but i recommend isung smbldap-tools

I can help with this part that i know fairly well :)

Cheers
--
Benoit Mortier
CEO