Re: GOsa/LDAP/Samba integration -> GoPDC integration in debian-edu-config

Hi,

On Montag, 6. Juni 2011, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> last night I have looked into Samba+LDAP+GOsa. The realization about
> that part for Debian Edu/Skolelinux is: if we want flawless und fluent
> Windows integration in Debian Edu (yes, we want that!!!) then there is
> still a bunch of work to do.

yes, we want that. For wheezy.

Windows integration wasnt flawless and fluent in lenny, so at this stage of
the release we shouldnt aim to be better. Maybe a small regression is even
fine as well.

> There was an ITP on gopdc in Debian BTS:
> http://bugs.debian.org/311333

this bug is 6 years old - which makes me think that gopdc is not as useful as
it seems.

also, what does it do what smbldap-tools doesnt? And anyway:

> @Holger: do you agree on dragging in another binary package into
> source package debian-edu-config?

No. And this is software which is not even available in Debian atm, so double
no.

On Montag, 6. Juni 2011, Andreas B. Mundt wrote:
> Can we first bring the current system to a status where the things
> that worked before the Hamburg meeting work again and the things we
> "fixed" in Hamburg can be tested?
>
> I think of NetworkManager issues, NFS4 and Kerberos, LTSP-CLients, ...

Amen.

cheers,
	Holger