GOsa/LDAP/Samba integration -> GoPDC integration in debian-edu-config

Hi all,

last night I have looked into Samba+LDAP+GOsa. The realization about that part for Debian Edu/Skolelinux is: if we want flawless und fluent Windows integration in Debian Edu (yes, we want that!!!) then there is still a bunch of work to do.

The current problem is the scripting backend needed for Samba to manipulate LDAP entries in a way that they get recognized by GOsa. The task (not yet fully tested) can be simplified by dragging in another non-Debian GOsa extension:
http://linux.gonicus.de/linux/portfolio/loesungen/gopdc.html
https://oss.gonicus.de/labs/gopdc

There was an ITP on gopdc in Debian BTS:
http://bugs.debian.org/311333

@Alejandro: I primarily would like to your Alejandros opinion about the question: do you recommend this piece of software? Would it make sense to revive the above ITP, prepare gopdc for Debian wheeze, include gopdc in debian-edu-config for now, etc.

@Holger: do you agree on dragging in another binary package into source package debian-edu-config?

One other approach would be do write a similar script set or put some (modified and GOsa adapted) forks of smbldap-tools into debian-edu-config or write the helper scripts from scratch. None of that seem really promising...

Any comments, any other ideas?

Thanks,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B

freeBusy: