ipnetworks in LDAP

Hi (esp. Petter),

I have scanned the whole debian-edu SVN repos for hints of usage of ipnetworks as boottrapped into LDAP.

As fas as I can see, they are not used by any script or service. Could you maybe hint to the use cases for this part of the LDAP DIT?

Thanks,
Mike

# These subnet definitions is based on RFC 2307.  The subtree
# ou=networks is selected because it is recommended in
# http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-howard-rfc2307bis-02.txt
# [pere 2010-07-22].

dn: ou=networks,dc=skole,dc=skolelinux,dc=no
objectClass: top
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: networks

dn: cn=loopbacknet,ou=networks,dc=skole,dc=skolelinux,dc=no
objectClass: top
objectClass: ipNetwork
cn: loopbacknet
ipNetworkNumber: 127.0.0.0
ipNetmaskNumber: 255.0.0.0

dn: cn=backbonenet,ou=networks,dc=skole,dc=skolelinux,dc=no
objectClass: top
objectClass: ipNetwork
cn: backbonenet
ipNetworkNumber: 10.0.2.0
ipNetmaskNumber: 255.255.254.0

dn: cn=thinclientnet,ou=networks,dc=skole,dc=skolelinux,dc=no
objectClass: top
objectClass: ipNetwork
cn: thinclientnet
ipNetworkNumber: 192.168.0.0
ipNetmaskNumber: 255.255.255.0

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen
fon: +49 (4302) 281418, fax: +49 (4302) 281419

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B

freeBusy: