Re: NTPd setup on Debian Edu's tjener

[Holger Levsen]
> tjener itself should maybe use pool.ntp.org as a timeserver or
> probably better just the debian default which is:
>
> server 0.debian.pool.ntp.org iburst
> server 1.debian.pool.ntp.org iburst
> server 2.debian.pool.ntp.org iburst
> server 3.debian.pool.ntp.org iburst

Perhaps it is time to allow this by default.  We changed this after a
school using ISDN complained that installing Skolelinux had caused
them a serious phone bill, because the NTP server traffic caused the
ISDN line to go online again and again.  To ensure this was not
surprising more poor schools, we changed the default to not connect
outside the school.

Happy hacking,