Re: debian-edu squeeze feature complete

Hi,

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 11:56:22AM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Montag, 9. Mai 2011, Andreas B. Mundt wrote:
> > after installing a debian-edu squeeze tjener from the latest DVD, I am
> > happy to announce that it looks like debian-edu is kind of feature
> > complete.

[...]

> > But before that, add the netgroups plugin:
> >
> > aptitude install subversion
> > svn co https://oss.gonicus.de/repositories/gosa-contrib/netgroups/trunk
> > netgroups cd netgroups/
> > update-gosa install plugin.dsc
> > /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
> >
> > It should already work, and some more work is underway to make this
> > work out of the box:
> >      	<URL:https://forge.fusiondirectory.org/issues/238>
> > 	<URL:https://forge.fusiondirectory.org/issues/233>

> Do you think its feasable to "drop" this into the debian-edu-config package
> (somehow+temporarily), so that we neither have to modify the gosa package that
> heavily nor introduce a new package?

I thought it would be easiest to drop the netgroups-plugin (which is
an extra package, as many GOsa plugins) in our skolelinux repo and
install it from there. No further configuration would be necessary.
With this approach we could fix bugs with a new package.  For wheezy,
the plugin should be available in Debian's repositories.  However, if
it is preferred to install the plugin directly with d-e-c, this should
be possible too.

Best regards,

     Andi