Re: debian-edu squeeze feature complete

Hi Andi,

On Montag, 9. Mai 2011, Andreas B. Mundt wrote:
> after installing a debian-edu squeeze tjener from the latest DVD, I am
> happy to announce that it looks like debian-edu is kind of feature
> complete.

Yay!

> However, there is still some work to do:
> * kdm is missing after the installation. (?!)

You already fixed this! :-)

> You cannot login as root anymore, so add a user from the remote
> shell.

I'd prefer to fix this by creating a local user.

> But before that, add the netgroups plugin:
>
> aptitude install subversion
> svn co https://oss.gonicus.de/repositories/gosa-contrib/netgroups/trunk
> netgroups cd netgroups/
> update-gosa install plugin.dsc
> /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
>
> It should already work, and some more work is underway to make this
> work out of the box:
>      	<URL:https://forge.fusiondirectory.org/issues/238>
> 	<URL:https://forge.fusiondirectory.org/issues/233>

Yay!

I've read those bugs and checked out the code (but not more) and am now
wondering how to get this into squeeze (proper...)

Do you think its feasable to "drop" this into the debian-edu-config package
(somehow+temporarily), so that we neither have to modify the gosa package that
heavily nor introduce a new package?

cheers,
	Holger