Re: QT3 removed from wheezy

On 04.05.2011 12:14, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> @Per: any news from the luma-developers about Luma's future?

I asked for the qt4 port at 2010-11-24 on the luma-devel Mailinglist:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=luma-devel&viewmonth=201011

Vegar replied with sad news:
No-one is working on the qt4-port
No-one has spare-time
The existing qt4-port directory in the VCS is badly outdated

I already had a look into it and the port can not be done easily.
All GUIs have to be reworked manually, converters does not seem to work.

Luma development has halted long before, just like the gq development.
Both have some nasty bugs.
The only one left seems to be phpldapadmin.

I vote for just keeping python-qt3 in Debian for as long as possible.

How about a pyQt4-GUI for easyLDAP? ^^

Greets
Per