Re: diskless workstations / setup

hi,

On Freitag, 1. April 2011, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> On Fr 01 Apr 2011 12:19:23 CEST Philipp Huebner wrote:
> > I haven't read an appropriate answer yet, so I'll try to give one.
> > I'm suprised though that nobody did. I don't know about Squeeze, but for
> > Lenny it is like the following:
> >
> > DHCPD on Tjener serves the 10.0.2.0/23 network, via PXE-Boot you get a
> > syslinux menu where you can choose whether to install a new
> > server/workstation, boot a thinclient or a diskless workstation,
> > memtest, or from local harddisc.
> >
> > This of course can be modified, have the nfs-root in syslinux point to
> > one of the ltspservers or change next-server in DHCP to have clients
> > directly boot via PXE from the terminalserver.
> >
> > The DHCPD on the ltspserver only serves a dedicated 192.168.0.0/24
> > network on the second interface and is of no interest for this scenario.
>
> Thanks a lot for this short and clear answer!!!

I've now added this to
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Squeeze/Architecture#the_default_network
as this should be described in the manual. The title "the default network" is
probably not the best, probably "the default setup" should be described in its
own page.

help with the manual welcome!

cheers,
	Holger