Re: remnants of etcinsvk

[Mike Gabriel]
> Hi Petter et al.

Hi.

> I am just looking at debian-edu-* in SVN. There are still some
> remnants that hint to etcinsvk. Do I see it correcly that etcinsvk is
> outdated in squeeze (replaced by etckeeper).

Yes.  And even removed from the packages.  I took care of dropping
etcinsvk a while back. :)

> Here are the remnants:
> mike@minobo:~/MyDocuments/4projects/debian-edu/debian-edu-config$ grep
> -ri etcinsvk * | grep -v svn
> share/debian-edu-config/d-i/finish-install:# In case etcinsvk was not
> initialized in pre-pkgsel (ie

Just a comment above a call to the edu-etcvcs wrapper script.  The
workaround it talk about could possibly be removed, but do no harm as
far as I can tell.

> share/ltsp/plugins/ltsp-build-client/Debian-custom/032-edu-pkgs:
>  etcinsvk \

Making sure the cron jobs for etcinsvk is disabled if the package
happen to be disabled.  This line make sure the ltsp build rules are
compatible with Lenny.

> I am not sure if it is ok to remove the lines in the corresponding
> files. I suppose so, but do not want to do it without feedback...

I doubt there is any need for a change, but if all traces and
compatibility with Lenny should be dropped, both entries can be
removed.

Happy hacking,