Re: diskless workstations / setup

Hi Philipp,

On Fr 01 Apr 2011 12:19:23 CEST Philipp Huebner wrote:

Hi,

I haven't read an appropriate answer yet, so I'll try to give one.
I'm suprised though that nobody did. I don't know about Squeeze, but for
Lenny it is like the following:

DHCPD on Tjener serves the 10.0.2.0/23 network, via PXE-Boot you get a
syslinux menu where you can choose whether to install a new
server/workstation, boot a thinclient or a diskless workstation,
memtest, or from local harddisc.

This of course can be modified, have the nfs-root in syslinux point to
one of the ltspservers or change next-server in DHCP to have clients
directly boot via PXE from the terminalserver.

The DHCPD on the ltspserver only serves a dedicated 192.168.0.0/24
network on the second interface and is of no interest for this scenario.

Thanks a lot for this short and clear answer!!!

Great,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B

freeBusy: