Re: NFS4 and Kerberos (next steps)

Hi Andreas,

On Mi 12 Jan 2011 12:02:37 CET "Andreas B. Mundt" wrote:

  o idmapd.conf: replace line
      <quote>
      Domain = localdomain
      </quote>
    for Skolelinux replace with domain name ,,intern''
      <quote>
      Domain = intern
      </quote>

        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Not yet imlemented iirc, is this really needed?

Yes and no... What is needed is that the idmapd domains on server and client match.

Whether the idmapd domain needs to match the DNS domain I cannot test with our production server setup...

What I tested though is: I changed the client's idmapd domain and if server idmapd domain and client idmapd domain differ, the uid and gid (file ownership on NFSv4 mount point) do a fallback to nobody and nogroup.

Greets,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen

GnuPG Key ID 0x1943CA5B
mail: m.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy: