Re: SkoleLinux @ Chemnitzer Linuxtage

Hi Andreas,

On Fr 07 Jan 2011 13:38:37 CET Andreas Tille wrote:

Hi Mike,

On Fri, Jan 07, 2011 at 10:58:12AM +0100, Mike Gabriel wrote:
... if it comes to the point that we offer and
recommend Skolelinux to schools in Kiel (the evaluation process is not
yet finished)

I have no idea when you have to draw your final decision but as far as I
know visiting the SkoleLinux booth at Chemnitzer Linuxtage (19./20.3.)
is a good idea to learn more about the project.  From my perspective
(looking not from a school but rather from a Debian maintainers position
which is interested in specific applications of Debian) the SkoleLinux /
Debian Edu project is a very good example how Debian could be rolled out
in real life for specific applications and it has turned out the Debian
Edu was helpful and inspiring for the whole Debian project.

I am currently attending the Skolelinux meeting in Gütersloh which is already a fine opportunity for me to gain an overview on Debian Edu and people around it. (Kurt showed quite a lot of photos tonight that many of you were on when talking about past events in 2010). So that was really nice!!!

There will probably other events that I will attend throughout the next months... if Chemnitz will be a location to visit I cannot say, yet.

Greets,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen

GnuPG Key ID 0x1943CA5B
mail: m.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy: