SkoleLinux @ Chemnitzer Linuxtage

Hi Mike,

On Fri, Jan 07, 2011 at 10:58:12AM +0100, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> ... if it comes to the point that we offer and
> recommend Skolelinux to schools in Kiel (the evaluation process is not
> yet finished)

I have no idea when you have to draw your final decision but as far as I
know visiting the SkoleLinux booth at Chemnitzer Linuxtage (19./20.3.)
is a good idea to learn more about the project.  From my perspective
(looking not from a school but rather from a Debian maintainers position
which is interested in specific applications of Debian) the SkoleLinux /
Debian Edu project is a very good example how Debian could be rolled out
in real life for specific applications and it has turned out the Debian
Edu was helpful and inspiring for the whole Debian project.

> However, Andreas and I (or whoever else joins in for CipUX/SL or
> Gosa/SL) should then heavily coordinate our work and make sure even if
> working on two separate systems that we benefit from each others' work
> AMAP.

Definitely.

Kind regards

      Andreas.