should we really avoid the 686 kernel image?

Hi,

currently we avoid the 686 kernel image so that the package is not on the
CD/DVD.

I've just talked with the kernel team about this, and they think its the wrong
thing to do:

1. the 486 kernel only supports one core
2. the 486 kernel only supports 1 GiB RAM
3. the 686 kernel supports all (i386) CPUs build in the last 10 years, except
the original C3 processor.

 The Linux kernel 2.6.32 and modules for use on PCs with Intel Pentium
 Pro/II/III/4/4M/D/M, Xeon, Celeron, Core or Atom; AMD Geode LX/NX, Athlon
 (K7), Duron, Opteron, Sempron, Turion or Phenom; Transmeta Efficeon; VIA
 C3 "Nehemiah" or C7 processors.

So to make things easier for a tiny percentage of our users, we make things
harder for the vast majority. I dont think thats sensible.

cheers,
	Holger