Re: Changes to the DVD when debian-cd pull in all recommended packages...

[Holger Levsen]
> am I correct that this is because the DVD only installs packages
> from the DVD while the CD also installs stuff from the net?

Yes, but you miss the reason why it is this way.  The DVD is intended
to be self contained, to allow for example a school in the savannah in
Africa to get a fully working Skolelinux installation even thought
there is no Internet connection available.

> Then my idea would be to also use the network when installing from
> DVD.

We could try to enable network during installation, but it would not
solve the goal of making the DVD self contained.

Happy hacking,