Re: More on the future LDAP admin gui in Debian Edu

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 02:45:42PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 02:07:48PM +0200, Klaus Knopper wrote:
> >On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 02:02:26PM +0200, Philipp Huebner wrote:
> >>so the conclusion is the same simple one as stated much earlier
> >>in this thread: so far nobody has shown up who is willing (and
> >>able) to do the integration work (and the maintenance) to get
> >>CipUX into Skolelinux.
> >>
> >>It's not that CipUX is not wanted, but without manpower to get
> >>the work done there is simply no chance.
> [snip]
> >Good summary. I think we got now to the core of the problem, just no
> >solution yet.
> >
> >Well, I'll continue to search for packagers, and meanwhile we will
> >continue to maintain our own repository which may not be
> >compliant, but legitimate. ;-)
>
> Phillip did *not* mention packaging, but integration with Skolelinux
> and ongoing maintainance of that integration.
>
> In other words, it is a Skolelinux-specific task, not a general
> Debian task.
>
> Even if you consider CATweasel a crucial and mandatory part of your
> CipUX stack, the parts _below_ CATweasel, the ones in the CipUX
> project, needs to be integrated first - as was pointed out by others
> in this thread.
>
> So yes, CATweasel is not in Debian, so needs packaging, but no,
> CipUX itself has a packaging team already (me and Xavier,
> currently).

Thanks for clarification, but now the next question arises: You are
talking about Debian packaging for squeeze, not packaging for/inside
Skolelinux/lenny following the HOWTO that Jürgen referred to, correct?
You can maybe answer this in my previous mail where I basially asked the
same question. :-)

Regards
-Klaus