Re: More on the future LDAP admin gui in Debian Edu

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 02:02:26PM +0200, Philipp Huebner wrote:
> On 25/10/10 13:50, Klaus Knopper wrote:
> >> The last point has nothing to do with CipUX upstream development or
> >> packaging, those things are fine and can keep going the way they do.
> >
> > Great, that surely makes it easier. But still the problem remains of who
> > will do the deed.
>
> [...]
>
> > My real question was, how can we get someone who gets CipUX into
> > Skolelinux when none of the CipUX-Team managed to do this yet? Are there
> > volunteeres, or people who can do this as a paid job? I'm asking because
> > we did not find anyone yet. I don't feel qualified to do this by myself,
> > since I don't know enough about CipUX and its LDAP+Perl dependencies.
>
> so the conclusion is the same simple one as stated much earlier in this
> thread: so far nobody has shown up who is willing (and able) to do the
> integration work (and the maintenance) to get CipUX into Skolelinux.
>
> It's not that CipUX is not wanted, but without manpower to get the work
> done there is simply no chance.
>
> Of course your request for help from the Debian Edu people is
> legitimate, but Debian Edu lacks manpower anyway.
> For this reason and since CipUX is widely used and supported in
> Skolelinux-RLP, it is legitimate for the Debian Edu people to give that
> question back to those.

Good summary. I think we got now to the core of the problem, just no
solution yet.

Well, I'll continue to search for packagers, and meanwhile we will
continue to maintain our own repository which may not be compliant, but
legitimate. ;-)

Regards
-Klaus