Re: More on the future LDAP admin gui in Debian Edu

Le Saturday 23 October 2010 13:07:27 Jonas Smedegaard, vous avez écrit :
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 06:08:01PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> >[Sérgio Saraiva]
> >
> >> Is it possible to show a table with positive and negative aspects of
> >> administration tools?
> >>
> >| lwat  | broken in edu/squeeze  | used to do what we wanted     |
> >|
> >|       | missing people         |                               |
> >|
> >| cipux | missing in edu/squeeze | unknown if it fits us         |
> >|
> >|       | missing people         |                               |
> >|
> >| gosa  | missing some features  | partly working in edu/squeeze |
> >|
> >|       |                        | got people                    |
>
> It should not be "unknown" that CipUX is in production use on
> Skolelinux-based systems in Rheinland-Pfalz.

Hello,

> It should be trivial to include CipUX, as it is already officially in
> Debian.
>
> So apparently people is the main reason for favoring GoSA over CipUX.
>
> ...and with "people" I mean "people specifically devoted to
> Skolelinux".

The idea behind using GOsa² is that the software is mature, supported and
have people willing to help debian Edu to use it :)

> Andreas Mundt has been _very_ active on GoSA (and thanks for that!) but
> now starts as a teacher and do not expect himself to be able to
> continue contributing at same pace.
>
> Who else in Skolelinux besides Andreas is actively working on GoSA?

i offered my help, and already started at looking at and ldap tree from
debian-edu to see how it fit onto GOsa² and what is missing.

Cheers
--
Benoit Mortier
CEO