Re: More on the future LDAP admin gui in Debian Edu

Hi Andi,

thanks for your summary and pushing this forward!

On Freitag, 22. Oktober 2010, Andreas B. Mundt wrote:
> So I suggest not only to have the student and teacher trees, but in
> addition have age-groups in the students-tree:

+1

> Main
> difference to our current setup: Bind instead of powerDNS.
> I think the decision we have to take is:
> Do we want to continue using powerDNS (which means we cannot use the
> GOsa packages because they use bind, so we have to find a solution,
> hack something or whatever...) or can we switch to bind which should
> make most (if not all) of the tools we need available in the squeeze
> repositories. So if there are no grave arguments against bind I think
> that's the easier way to go.

+1 - I think so too. It's (very) unfortunate that we switched to powerdns just
in the last release and now switch back, but I think it's still the best way
to go now. :-/

> Finally, as Petter pointed out, netgroups are missing.

how bad do we need them? Could we live with a cli-solution only? Or should we
try harder to get your patch ready?

cheers,
	Holger