Re: More on the future LDAP admin gui in Debian Edu

[Sérgio Saraiva]
> Is it possible to show a table with positive and negative aspects of
> administration tools?

| lwat  | broken in edu/squeeze  | used to do what we wanted     |
|       | missing people         |                               |
| cipux | missing in edu/squeeze | unknown if it fits us         |
|       | missing people         |                               |
| gosa  | missing some features  | partly working in edu/squeeze |
|       |                        | got people                    |

If someone got time and interest in making a better comparison, feel
free to add it to the wiki.  But given that only one of the
alternatives (Gosa) have people interested in working on it and
getting it to work properly in edu/squeeze, I do not really see the
point.

We have waited for lwat and cipux people for a long time, so it seem
unlikely that anyone will show up.  And even if they did, it would be
hard to believe they were here for the long run, given the complete
lack of progress and interest for a long time.

Happy hacking,