Re: RC1 for Debian Edu lenny 5.0.6+edu1 released

Hello,
.

>> # mount /cdrom
>> # apt-cdrom add -m
>> # aptitude update
>> # aptitude upgrade
>> resulted in 226 pkg updated, 7 newly installed and 6 removed.
>
> which packages got removed?

from aptitude log:

Will install 233 packages, and remove 6 packages.
22.9MB of disk space will be freed
[REMOVE, NOT USED] libbind9-40
[REMOVE, NOT USED] libdns45
[REMOVE, NOT USED] libisc45
[REMOVE, NOT USED] libisccc40
[REMOVE, NOT USED] libisccfg40
[REMOVE, NOT USED] liblwres40
[INSTALL, DEPENDENCIES] libbind9-50
[INSTALL, DEPENDENCIES] libcrypt-openssl-random-perl
[INSTALL, DEPENDENCIES] libdns55
[INSTALL, DEPENDENCIES] libisc52
[INSTALL, DEPENDENCIES] libisccc50
[INSTALL, DEPENDENCIES] libisccfg50
[INSTALL, DEPENDENCIES] liblwres50

>> I haven't found in the documentation/wiki a section "Upgrade using a
>> DVD-ROM media", maybe we should add it.
>
> Sounds like a good idea, can you do it?

ok, I will add a section at
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/FAQ/Installation/Upgrade

>> debian-edu-test-install gives me:
>>
>> one error: /boot is ext2 (instead of ext3?)
>> one warning: timezone for locale "fr_CA.UTF-8" is not known   (what is
>> this?)
>
> Those tests are harmeless, what surprises me is that you saw them, as they
> should not be run on official installations. Was your initial install from
> lenny or lenny-test?

This machine was installed from a 5.0.4 DVD, with almost no additional
configuration.
I just ran the script and looked for errors or warnings.

Olivier