Re: RC1 for Debian Edu lenny 5.0.6+edu1 released

Hi,

thanks for testing+feedback!

On Montag, 4. Oktober 2010, Olivier Vitrat wrote:
> if this can help (some peole will probably do an upgrade instead of a
> fresh installation)

sure!

> I've done an upgrade of a 5.0.4 installation on real hardware with the
> DVD  because this machine is not connected to internet.
> This is a french-canadian installation with both mainserver+thin
> client server on the same machine.
>
> # mount /cdrom
> # apt-cdrom add -m
> # aptitude update
> # aptitude upgrade
> resulted in 226 pkg updated, 7 newly installed and 6 removed.

which packages got removed?

> Strangely, "apt-cdrom add" failed to mount the disc ? I had to mount
> before then pass the "-m" argument.

I'm not familar with apt-cdrom, sorry.

> I haven't found in the documentation/wiki a section "Upgrade using a
> DVD-ROM media", maybe we should add it.

Sounds like a good idea, can you do it?

> debian-edu-test-install gives me:
>
> one error: /boot is ext2 (instead of ext3?)
> one warning: timezone for locale "fr_CA.UTF-8" is not known   (what is
> this?)

Those tests are harmeless, what surprises me is that you saw them, as they
should not be run on official installations. Was your initial install from
lenny or lenny-test?

> I've connected a thin client, it seems ok.

great!

cheers,
	Holger