Re: Issue a new image release

Hi,

On Freitag, 17. September 2010, Andrew Lee wrote:
> All of the schools in my region have a hardware support problem
> (#512546) to using Skolelinux on their new PC(deploy by GOV) which all
> has a onboard intel 82567LM-3 gigabit ethernet card.
>
> Lenny 5.0.6 release already supoorts this card(by linux-2.6 2.6.26-25).
> I've tested the lenny-test image, confirmed the hardware are usable now.
> The Chinese www page translation are also included in lenny-test.

Very nice!

> It would be very nice if we can issue a new image release?

Yes, I think it's time to push 5.0.6+edu1 out.

lenny-test has a few useful updates (see
http://ftp.skolelinux.org/skolelinux/lenny_needs_love.html), I'm preparing a
debian-edu-config upload from the lenny branch atm and another round of
debian-edu-doc updates.

What changes from http://www.debian.org/News/2010/20100904 should be included
into http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Lenny/Features
except "updated 2.6.26 kernel with increased hardware support"?

cheers,
	Holger