Re: A new major update of The Linux Signpost

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 2:26 PM, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> wrote:
Very good to see the updated sign post. :)

[Arnt Ove Gregersen]
> Please let us know if you have comments or feedback in any way.

Small comment: I suspect celestia and kstars should be in the same
category.  Looked around on the web pages to find a way to report this
using the web interface, but failed.

You can send an email to veiviseren@spist.no or update the wiki project page directly. I have done this now.

By the way, if you or anyone else would like to join the team as content manager / administrator then please let me know. We really could need some in moderating the software at the moment (~1600 software to be approved), but it is import to only let best and most usefull software pass the needle eye. We want quality, not quantity.

There is btw some minor charset issue in the Norwegian version.  Some
text have UTF-8 displayed as ISO-8859-1.

Yes,I have already added it to the todo list. Unfortunately my system is utf-8 based, and I haven't been able to edit the files as latin1 in my favorite IDE (Quanta) for php yet.

Perhaps we should link to the sign psot from the default start page in
Debian Edu?  Which link text should we use if we do that?

Sounds like a good idea. Maybe the link could called something like "Find Gnu/Linux software", "Find software" or just "The Linux Signpost".

Thanks for your feedback.

Have a nice day!

BR
Arnt Ove