Re: shutdown-at-night

[Nigel Barker]
> I read this, and the link from Holger, but where do I configure the
> time I want them to shutdown?

It is specified in the cron job of the package, which is a conffile
that can be changed on each client.

> Also I don't need wake-on-lan in the morning - is that optional?

I have vague memories of having set up this by default in Debian Edu,
so if nvram-wakeup or wake-on-lan is working, the clients will boot in
the morning automatically.

This can of course be disabled as well, but have to be changed on each
client too.

> I would be happy to write something. Who would be the target
> audience?  What should be covered?

Potential Debian Edu users would be the target audience, and
journalists willing to write about Debian Edu.  My idea is to get some
success stories written, and publish them on the web site and perhaps
use them to create some press release text.

Happy hacking,