Bunch of Questions (BoQ) regarding Lenny and Sarge

Dear list,

these days, I am to replace broken hardware running a Sarge tjener.
Also, I have to prepare a workstation to be rolled out on new devices.

I will follow our policy, asking one question per posting.

But beforehand, I dare post the wiki source (English language)
where I pre-collect those questions, hoping to get feedback
here or there - in order to improve my askings...

This wiki page is on

http://wiki.skolelinux.de/YoungsterMeeting2010/Reporting

Thank you,
with kind regards
Ralf.

(remark: some ambigious, seemingly contradicting wording
         in the wiki user agreement was changed now.)