Re: Ping: Re: Cooperation between DebianEdu/Skolelinux and EdUbuntu ?

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 08:07:27AM +0200, Martin Oehler wrote:
> > I warmly welcome an Ubuntu developer helping package Skolelinux-RLP
> > stuff to be usable for all Debian derivatives and Debian itself.
>
> Correct, but why should we care where her or he does his main open source
> work?

Because fixing a problem at the root is more clever than doing it over
and over again after an upgrade Ubuntu to recent Debian sid status?
Anybody is free to spend his time and if he likes repeating the work to
always apply the same patch or whatever change which is needed it is
fine for me.  But for those few people who are to lazy to do this there
is the option to fix the problem in Debian and be done with it for the
next Ubuntu for from sid.

Ahh, and by the way: *I* care to some extend how other people spend their
time on a common project.  It's called education if I try to propagate
some experiences I have made.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--