Re: Admin roles in Debian Edu

On Sun, Aug 08, 2010 at 08:52:04PM +0200, Christian Kuelker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Klaus Knopper wrote:
> [...]
>
> >Actually, we do use "student" in Rheinland-Pfalz/Germany, and would like
> >to keep it that way. There is no technical reason to switch to a
> >different role if there is no need for it, or different permissions
> >involved that differ from "student".
>
> The RLP project is using 'students', I think.

Yes.

> There was no suggestion to switch in my last mail.

The way you wrote it sounded like you suggest that we have a special
"german" need to rename CipUX roles, which is not the case, hence my
answer. :-)

We do, however, need a few other add-ons like filesystem creation of
examinee accounts, and some kind of quota support plus various
network-related roles and lists not yet implemented in CipUX. But this
is unrelated.

Regards
-Klaus