Re: More on the future LDAP admin gui in Debian Edu (Was: Is LWAT completely broken in Squeeze?)

Hi,

Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 07:55:44PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
For Cipux, no developer so far seem willing to spend the time to get
it working out of the box with Debian Edu.  Working packages might be
in squeeze, but it is unknown as no-one has tried to get them working
with Debian Edu/Squeeze as far as I know.  I do not know what schemas
are used, nor if it is compatible with the current LDAP structure.

True, all of it.

Yes that is true.

If Cipux is to become an alternative for Squeeze, someone need to
spend time to get it working out of the box with Debian Edu/Squeeze,
and allow us to test it to see how it compare to Gosa.

Great opportunity for the Rheinland-Pfalz project to invest some of the remaining resources, I guess.

Yes that is a great opportunity for the Rheinland-Pfalz project to participate and contribute actively there demands to Skolelinux.

...or alternatively for some of the others actively using CipUX together with Skolelinux to come out of the bushes and share with this list their judgement of current status.

I would also like to hear more.

Cheers
C.