Re: new skolelinux mirror: ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de

On 07. juni 2010 10:43, Carsten Otto wrote:
> Dear Skolelinux team,
>
> I'm one of the administrators of ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de, which
> started as a low-budget mirror for opensource projects and also was a
> mirror for Skolelinux some time ago (it is still referenced from
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/HowTo/Mirror).
>
> We recently got new and more professional hardware with a lot of
> processing power, disk space and network connectivity and gladly provide
> mirror services for the Skolelinux project again. As far as I can see,
> the -dist and -cd projects are interesting. If you feel the need, we can
> add more projects (disk space is no issue at the moment).
>
> The Skolelinux projects are visible as subdirectories in
> {http/ftp/rsync}://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/skolelinux/.
>
> Our server currently is connected with 2 GBit/sec, which will be
> extended to 10 GBit/sec soon. For more information please visit
> http://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/
>
> We use rsync to synchronize with rsync.skolelinux.org every six hours.

Thanks for your continued commitment to support skolelinux. The effort
is appreciated.

As far as I can see, you are mirroring exactly the right directories.
the rest is either stale, or changes so frequently that a mirror is
difficult/pointless.

But i do notice that we could be better at announcing the mirrors.
Forinstance when doing prereleases. In order to get more traffic off the
main servers.

Kind regards
Ronny Aasen