Re: New ldap schema for debian-edu?

Le Thursday 29 July 2010 12:48:00 Petter Reinholdtsen, vous avez écrit :
> [Benoit Mortier]
>
> > Please don't tell me that Active Directory is usefull and have nice
> > schema ;-) Active Directory is crap and their tree is even more crap
> > ..
>
> I didn't.  I said it have compatible schemas, as in a consistent set,
> which the unix world is missing.  Two simple examples are DNS
> (powerdns and bind uses two incompatible schemas) and Samba and Gosa
> (see <URL: http://bugs.debian.org/582899 >).  There are no such
> problems with Active directory.

Sure but adding schema to an active directory is not recommended then, so
yes you got a bundle but cannot do anything besides what is provided so
Active directory is kind of useless for other stuff, that the reason why
we have so many openldap server behind Active Direcotry to do all the
other stuff system have to do.

Cheers
--
Benoit Mortier