Re: Switch to dynamic LDAP configuration?

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 09:30:16PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> Since OpenLDAP 2.3, it has been possible to store the LDAP
> configuration (as in schemas, ACLs etc) in the LDAP database itself,
> allowing it be changed without restarting the LDAP database.
>
> The setup is documented in
>
> Should we switch to this kind of setup in Debian Edu too?

I would say yes.
It is stable to use it in that way. The only thing I'm aware of, if
I'm right (please correct me if not), is that slurpd is not able to
use such a configuration, but that should not be a problem because
of the improved replication engine syncrepl since version 2.3.

Best regards, Jürgen Leibner

--
Jürgen Leibner
juergen@leibner.eu